Friday, October 10, 2008

IF: Strings



This weeks' theme turned out to be very easy - I had a few illustrations that seemed fitting and I only had to choose. I might upload some of the others later on this week. I did learn from it that strings are something that appears a lot in my work, physically or conceptually. An interesting discovery for me :)
Click to see it BIGGER!

Update - I forgot to explain the technique: I mixed in a plastic plate some acrylic paint with plastic glue and flower.I applied it on simple brown cardboard to create a dark textured surface. I used acrylic to paint over it, with dry brushes and almost without water, so that the texture would be seen through it. Thanks for all the lovevly comments!

17 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

This has a magical pull! I love the textures and all the detail. I'd certainly like to see more!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Enid Soto said...

This is a very cool concept, who can refuse candy? ;)

8:34 AM  
Blogger sophie philo said...

i love your style!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! it's so interesting to look at. and i love the candy canes coming out of the ground :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger krisztina maros said...

wow! so fine piece! i love the textures and long arms.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Manelle said...

I really like it!

9:04 AM  
Blogger eyecontact said...

WOnderful textures. I like getting lost in the details, too! :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Kris-Tea said...

Fantastic work!! ^^

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sónia Cântara said...

Great tecnhique! I took a look on your blog and love it. Great work you have here! Congratullations!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Danielle Barlow said...

I love this!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful texture!! your work is just adorable!! :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger kathy hare said...

beautiful..

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow Rachel this is so gorgeous, I just love everything about it! So magical and lovely!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Ria said...

Really love the texture! Great!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Zórdís said...

Very beautiful, love this piece!!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Diane Smith said...

WOW! Very unique and inspiring.

9:48 PM  
Blogger lil kim said...

lovely and whimsical!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home